cocoon-users mailing list archives

From tom blondeau <tom.blond...@gmx.net>
Subject Cocoon 2 with VAJ 4 and WTE
Date Thu, 24 Jan 2002 17:54:06 GMT
Hi,
I'm trying to set up Cocoon 2 with VisualAge 4 and the Websphere Test
Environment on W2k professional.
I imported all packages from the lib directory that came with cocoon, fixed
a couple problems that occured with inner classes calling protected methods
that extend the outer class. seems that VAJ compiler had problems with that.
I set up
- that default.servlet_engine stuff
- the directories for a webapp
- changed a lot of paths in the cocoon.webapp file (stuff like
"/WEB-INF/..." to "\WEB-INF\...")
- set up the dburl, user and password to hsqldb
- added a classpath to the "WEB-INF\work" directory
- put the CatalogManager.properties into a directory that is part of the
classpath

when i start the WTE servlet engine everything seems to be fine except
something with hsqldb. it seems to be running but at the end of the initialization
i get some "java.sql.SQLException: The database is already in use by another
process". i think i had the database already running sometime before,
because I got no error when I tried to connect to the hsqldb via telnet (telnet
localhost 9002). so this is not working anymore eventhough I think I didn't
change anything regarding hsqld b
and when i look at the cocoon.log there is this message a couple times (I
don't know if it is of any importance):
DEBUG   [...] Unknown-thread/JaxpParser: Looking up
org.apache.cocoon.components.resolver.Resolver
DEBUG   [...] Unknown-thread/ExcaliburComponentManager: Could not find
ComponentHandler, attempting to create one for role:
org.apache.cocoon.components.resolver.Resolver
DEBUG   [...] Unknown-thread/JaxpParser: JaxpParser: Could not yet find
org.apache.cocoon.components.resolver.Resolver

then some lines underneath i get an exception because
WARN    [...] Unknown-thread/ResolverImpl: Could not get Catalog URL
java.lang.NullPointerException
	java.lang.Throwable()
	java.lang.Exception()
	java.lang.RuntimeException()
	java.lang.NullPointerException()
	void
org.apache.cocoon.components.resolver.ResolverImpl.configure(org.apache.avalon.framework.configuration.Configuration)
	void
org.apache.cocoon.components.resolver.ResolverImpl.configure(org.apache.avalon.framework.configuration.Configuration)
	java.lang.Object
org.apache.avalon.excalibur.component.DefaultComponentFactory.newInstance()
	void
org.apache.avalon.excalibur.component.ThreadSafeComponentHandler.initialize()
	void
org.apache.avalon.excalibur.component.ExcaliburComponentManager.initialize()
	void org.apache.cocoon.Cocoon.initialize()
	void org.apache.cocoon.servlet.CocoonServlet.createCocoon()
	void
org.apache.cocoon.servlet.CocoonServlet.init(javax.servlet.ServletConfig)
	void com.ibm.servlet.engine.webapp.StrictServletInstance.doInit()
[...]

but at least Cocoon seems to be running. when i request
http://localhost:8080/cocoon/
the sitemap_xmap.java, sitemap_xmap.class and a 3rd classfile are created
but I get an internal server error:
"The sitemap handler's sitemap is not available. Please check logs for the
exact error."

I found some discriptions of these errors in some mailing list archives, but
no real solution that helped me. i'd really appreciate some help or ideas
how to fix that...

tom

--
tom.blondeau@gmx.net
www.tomb75.de

fon ++49(0)40 471 158 97
mobil ++49(0)177 345 6164

stresemannstrasse 157
22769 hamburg
germany

"A man can't just sit around" (larry walters 1982)

http://www.gmx.net