cocoon-users mailing list archives

From Bernhard Huber <berni_hu...@a1.net>
Subject Re: Cocoon 2 and i18n
Date Fri, 01 Feb 2002 05:52:00 GMT
hi,

> Question 2:
>
> How do I specify to get translation of text in a different language at
> run time ?
>
> <para><i18n:text> a_key</i18n:text></para>
>
> <para><i18n:text locale="es_ES">a_key </i18n:text></para>\
>
> <para><i18n:text locale="de"">a_key</i18n:text></ para>

Digging in the source i18n, uses LangAction.java, you may specifiy the
parameter lang=de for example, as request-parameter, session-parameter,
I think LangActions defines a search-order for the lang parameter.

> Note: The above formats to print in different languages fails.
>
> Question 3:
>
> How do I initialize the i18n transformers for different locales?

I think you define it in the sitemap, Have you checked the i18n example,
see webapp/i18n of the cocoon distribution. I think it defines
catalogues for several languages,

bye bernhard