cocoon-users mailing list archives

From Berin Loritsch <blorit...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Any way to use processing instructions?
Date Fri, 25 Jan 2002 16:18:17 GMT
Dimitry Chernyshov wrote:

> Hi Cocoon users,
>
> I have some experience with Cocoon-1, but am completely new to Cocoon-2.
> In C1, it was possible to add the following PI in XML:
> <?xml-stylesheet href="some.xsl" type="text/xsl"?>
> and Cocoon performed the XSL transformation requested.
>
> Is there a way to make C2 read such PI's?

short answer is no.

The long answer is:

Is there anyone interested in writing a migration tool for Cocoon 1 to
Cocoon 2?  The tool would have to generate a sitemap based on a list
of XML files that have to be processed.  It would have to crawl the
PIs to determine the generator/transformer/serializer types needed,
and the locations of those files.

  deserve neither liberty nor safety."
                 - Benjamin Franklin