cocoon-users mailing list archives

From Yann Secq <Yann.S...@lifl.fr>
Subject Re: Sitemap problem with latest cvs version ?
Date Thu, 10 Jan 2002 08:59:30 GMT
Vadim Gritsenko wrote:

>Once you downloaded new version, delete old working directory which
>contains classes generated with previous version of Cocoon. They could
>be incompatible with newer version of Cocoon.

Yes, i had this problem, but even when I restart everything from scratch
(i.e. 'rm -fr xml-cocoon2' and rm -fr tomcat/webapp/cocoon*' :), by doing :

cvs -d :pserver:anoncvs@cvs.apache.org:/home/cvspublic login (then type
anoncvs)
cvs -d :pserver:anoncvs@cvs.apache.org:/home/cvspublic -z3 checkout
xml-cocoon2
cd xml-cocoon2
 ./build.sh  -Dinclude.webapp.libs=yes webapp

I still have the same initialization error when I try to access
localhost:8080/cocoon
I have the following error in sitemap.log which I can't understand :
java.lang.NoSuchFieldError: manager
        at
org.apache.cocoon.www.sitemap_xmap.configure(sitemap_xmap.java:344)
        at
org.apache.avalon.excalibur.component.DefaultComponentFactory.newInstance(DefaultComponentFactory.java:172)
        at
org.apache.avalon.excalibur.component.ThreadSafeComponentHandler.initialize(ThreadSafeComponentHandler.java:84)
        at
org.apache.cocoon.components.language.generator.GeneratorSelector.addGenerator(GeneratorSelector.java:135)
        at
org.apache.cocoon.components.language.generator.ProgramGeneratorImpl.addCompiledComponent(ProgramGeneratorImpl.java:355)
        at
org.apache.cocoon.components.language.generator.ProgramGeneratorImpl.load(ProgramGeneratorImpl.java:189)
        at org.apache.cocoon.sitemap.Handler.run(Handler.java:221)
        at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:484)

If anyone could find what is the problem, I could finally test the
XML:DB stuff :)

Thanks, yann.