cocoon-users mailing list archives

From "Bernhard Huber" <berni_hu...@a1.net>
Subject Re: Installing Cocoon 2 on Weblogic 6.1
Date Thu, 03 Jan 2002 22:43:53 GMT
hi, liz

>I've been reading your threads on the cocoon-users mail archive regarding
>the Installation of Cocoon 2 on Weblogic 6.1.  First of all, I want to thank
>you for your help.

thank you.

>You messages helped me work through the process of
>successfully installing Cocoon 2 in an exploded directory format.  However,
>I was wondering if you've ever tried deploying it as a WAR file?

Yes, but beside your problems there were/are some getResourcePath()
calls inside of Cocoon2 which makes problems if you do deploy an
webapplication as WAR, and not as Directory. Moreover there was some
log, cache writing of Cocoon happening into servlet context directory,
and not into the servlet temp-dir.

Perhaps the latest Cocoon releases has fixed that already, especially
the logging writing behaves properly now.
As I just wanted to make Cocoon2 run, i didn't bother about that WAR
troubles.

>The
>cocoon.war file contains a JAR file whose prefix is too short (XT.JAR) and
>therefore causes an exception.  Do you know if there is a way to fix this?

XT.JAR contains the XT XML Parser. I assume you use Xerces either from
the cocoon.war, or
from WLS6.1. So I think you don't need XT.JAR.
I wonder somehow that the name of a jar makes problems, that's sounds
strange to me.
Does renaming XT.JAR to the XTXMLPARSER.JAR would help?
Or maybe I don't understand "prefix is too short". bye bernhard