cocoon-users mailing list archives

From "Alex Kachanov" <a...@intadev.com>
Subject RE: use-browser-capabilities-db
Date Tue, 15 Jan 2002 12:21:37 GMT

BrowserImpl.xml - is Cocoon2 browser capability database file - that stores the different
values of different browsers. Cocoon hashes this file and recognizes the UA by User-Agent

header. So there is no need to pas any additional parameters in the HTTP request except
User-agent string (which is a standard header)

This is how I can adapt and prepare the content file before sending it to the client.

This functionality is switched on by setting "use-browser-capabilities-db" to "true"
in sitemap.xmap

Howevere, only some of the variables declared in BrowserImpl.xml become visible for XSLT,
and of course not the variables that I need.

p.s. I need to forget about javaScript - cellphones do not know what it is.

-----Original Message-----
From: Bartomeu Adrover [mailto:tomeu.adrover@uib.es]
Sent: 15 ?????? 2002 ?. 21:14
To: cocoon-users@xml.apache.org
Subject: Re: use-browser-capabilities-db

I don't know what is the BrowserImpl.xml do, but if you want to retrive the browser
screen size, you must put this value as param value using javascript code and retrieve
this value as normal parameter in the xslt.
When you do an http connection you don't pass this value and the server (in our case
the cocoon) don't know this value.