cocoon-users mailing list archives

From Christian Haul <h...@dvs1.informatik.tu-darmstadt.de>
Subject Re: question about failed actions
Date Tue, 22 Jan 2002 11:26:36 GMT
On 21.Jan.2002 -- 02:58 PM, Bryan Murphy wrote:

> Now, what do you do if you want to action fails, yet you still want to
> modify the pipeline based on that failed action?  Well, of course, you
> could always write the action as a selector.  But what if you want to
> reuse some code already written as an action?  You could of course write
> a wrapper selector, but I don't see why that should be necessary.  Why
> not something along these lines::

Bryan, there's another way to communicate with the rest which is
request attributes. So set such a beast in your action containing the
results and have your other components act accordingly. If you need to
change the pipeline it would mean to use a selector that works on
request attributes. There's one supplied with Cocoon.

	Chris.

--
C h r i s t i a n       H a u l
haul@informatik.tu-darmstadt.de