cocoon-users mailing list archives

From "Bob Garvey" <bobgarv...@home.com>
Subject Re: Servlet to XSL possible?
Date Fri, 25 Jan 2002 13:42:21 GMT

> Bob,
>
> Did you EVER tried to access http://cb:8080/cocoon/servlet23/BobServlet?
>
> Vadim

Yes, working now.  I sent the following yesterday.  Thanks very much for
your help.

Thanks to Vadim Gritsenko and David Rosenstrauch.
This scheme now works.
Here is what I learned that may be valuable to others who would like to
write servlets that output XML and would like for the XML to be input to an
XLS Transformation.

The sitemap entry:
   <map:match pattern="servlet23/*">
     <map:generate src="http://cb:8080/examples/servlet/servlet23.{1}"/>
     <map:transform src="stylesheets/servlet23/{1}"/>
     <map:serialize type="html"/>
   </map:match>
---------------------
where
. servlet23 is a package name; this makes the matching straightforward.
. the generate src entry is the servlet as externally referencable: note
that if you address it from a browser you will get xml that you can look at
for debug
. the stylesheet is pathed from cocoon root.
Debugging required looking at:
the logs in %tomcathome%\logs
and %tomcathome%\webapps\cocoon\WEB-INF\logs
Thanks to all developers for a great system.