cocoon-users mailing list archives

From "Nicola Ken Barozzi" <baro...@nicolaken.com>
Subject Re: esql Vs SQLTransformer
Date Wed, 23 Jan 2002 07:27:53 GMT
From: <Valentin.Chartier@Spatial.com>

> I found it again, SQL transformer deprecation seems to be stated here, in
> the description : http://xml.apache.org/cocoon/userdocs/xsp/esql.html
>
> ESQL "has a number of important advantages over the old (deprecated) SQL
> logicsheet and SQL processor".
> Is it about SQL transformer or a previous version of ESQL logicsheet ?

Originally IIRC there was the SQL Transformer.
Then the SQL logicsheet was created, and the transformer was, at some time,
deprecated.
Then the new ESQL logicsheet was created and the SQL logicsheet deprecated.
But parallely, the Transformer was still being patched and, in practice, was
never truly deprecated code, in the sense that it evolved.
The real important deprecation is SQL logicsheet.
As for the Transformer it means AFAIK that it has less features.
Anyone for an ESQL Transformer? ;-)

--
Nicola Ken Barozzi                 xml-cocoon@nicolaken.com
These are the days of miracle and wonder...