cocoon-users mailing list archives

From "Steve Willer" <wil...@novator.com>
Subject Re: Cocoon vs. AxKit
Date Wed, 16 Jan 2002 20:30:26 GMT
From: "Peter Royal" <proyal@managingpartners.com>
> On Wednesday 16 January 2002 02:12 pm, Michael A Nachbaur wrote:
> > <rant type="biased">
> > Essentially, AxKit is Cocoon for mod_perl, but it goes quite a bit
farther
> > than that.  Just as Java takes a strict approach to programming (in
terms
> > of typing, OO, etc), Perl is more flexible in how you can use it.  So,
> > built around that idea, AxKit is a flexible alternative to Cocoon.
>
> Also, AxKit is more akin to Cocoon v1 last time I looked (6-8mo ago).

I thought the main difference between Cocoon 1 and Cocoon 2 was that Cocoon
1 required you to identify the XSL file with processing-instructions, while
Cocoon 2 uses a sitemap.

In that sense, AxKit doesn't have the same limitations as Cocoon 1, although
its sitemap equivalents don't go quite as far as Cocoon 2 (which is a good
thing, IMO).