cocoon-users mailing list archives

From "Vadim Gritsenko" <vadim.gritse...@verizon.net>
Subject RE: Sitemap problem with latest cvs version ?
Date Thu, 10 Jan 2002 14:00:52 GMT
> From: Yann Secq [mailto:Yann.Secq@lifl.fr]
>
> Vadim Gritsenko wrote:
>
> >Once you downloaded new version, delete old working directory which
> >contains classes generated with previous version of Cocoon. They
could
> >be incompatible with newer version of Cocoon.
> >
> Yes, i had this problem, but even when I restart everything from
scratch
> (i.e. 'rm -fr xml-cocoon2' and rm -fr tomcat/webapp/cocoon*' :), by
doing :

> cvs -d :pserver:anoncvs@cvs.apache.org:/home/cvspublic login (then
type
> anoncvs)
> cvs -d :pserver:anoncvs@cvs.apache.org:/home/cvspublic -z3 checkout
> xml-cocoon2
> cd xml-cocoon2
>  ./build.sh  -Dinclude.webapp.libs=yes webapp
>
> I still have the same initialization error when I try to access
> localhost:8080/cocoon
> I have the following error in sitemap.log which I can't understand :
> java.lang.NoSuchFieldError: manager
>         at
> org.apache.cocoon.www.sitemap_xmap.configure(sitemap_xmap.java:344)
>         at

I had exactly same exception as you have. Once I deleted old working
directory with classes and restarted server, it is gone away. Try to
find any sitemap_xmap.class and sitemap_xmap.java files on your HD, and
delete them. This should solve your problem. If not, send in your
(zipped) log files, sitemap java and class files.

Vadim