cocoon-users mailing list archives

From Sharat Koya <sxk...@Cs.Nott.AC.UK>
Subject RE: Logic and Java
Date Thu, 03 Jan 2002 18:58:16 GMT
I have a similar problem in that converting a double in xsp logic from
an int causes similar errors when trying to save back to a database.

-----Original Message-----
From: Durrant, Peter [mailto:Peter.Durrant@COGNOS.com]
Sent: Thursday, 03 January 2002 17:46
To: cocoon-users@xml.apache.org
Subject: XSP:Logic and Java

I have the following java code in a logicsheet:

<xsp:logic>
	double value = 1e-10;
	// and some other code...
</xsp:logic>

When this is turned into a java file by Cocoon and written to my
{Tomcat}/work/localhost/cocoon... directory I get a file that produces:
	double value = 1e - 10;

Note that the spaces after the "1e" and the "-" cause an "invalid
floating
point format." error when Cocoon tries to compile this java file. This
only
affects negative exponents, numbers with positive exponents are
represented
correctly.

Has anyone else experienced this? And is there a simple resolution? I
want
to avoid using "double value = 1 / 1e10;" for example.

Thanks for your help
Pete
---
Cognos, London, UK

This message may contain privileged and/or confidential information.  If
you
have received this e-mail in error or are not the intended recipient,
you
may not use, copy, disseminate, or distribute it; do not open any
attachments, delete it immediately from your system and notify the
sender by
e-mail promptly that you have done so.  Thank You.