cocoon-users mailing list archives

From "Vadim Gritsenko" <vadim.gritse...@verizon.net>
Subject RE: Cocoon on a read-only medium
Date Mon, 21 Jan 2002 14:31:31 GMT
> From: Matthias Fischer [mailto:m.fischer@abc-media.de]
>
> What would you need on the harddisk to get the CD application running,
or
> what would be put out onto the harddisk by the application while it is
> running? I guess, you can't do without Java+Tomcat+Cocoon (XALAN,
XERXES,
> FOP etc.) on the HD.

You can.

> Or do you rellay mean you put everything on a CD,
> together with the data, and get an PDF/HTMLoutput from such a
stand-alone
> application running the CD on any (customer) machine without any
previous
> adaptations?

Yes. The CD I put together have:
 * JDK,
 * Resin (or Tomcat, does not matter),
 * webapp.

That's all I need to get my application running. Obviously, webapp
contains all necessary libraries:
 * Avalon, Excalibur
 * Cocoon, regexp, jTidy, logkit, xalan, xerces, etc.

> Do you have any practical experience in creating an distributing CD
> applications to customers?

It's relatively easy to put together autorun and have CD started
automatically, with no installation steps required. Only thing you need
from the customer machine is the free IP port (8080 or any other). You
can even put Perl on the CD and have some startup/shutdown scripts.

Vadim

> Has anyone else?
>
> Matthias

CD,