cocoon-users mailing list archives

From "Chitharanjan Das" <c...@accordiasys.com>
Subject Cocoon 2 and i18n
Date Thu, 31 Jan 2002 23:50:50 GMT
Hello,

My env is
Platform Win2K
Cocoon 2.0
TomCat 4.01

The following is my i18n transformer  definition

   <map:transformer     name="i18n"
src="org.apache.cocoon.transformation.I18nTransformer">
    <catalogue-name>messages</catalogue-name>
    <catalogue-location>i18n/translations</catalogue-location>

The following is my pattern definition for JSP's

<map:match pattern="jsp/**">
  <map:generate type="jsp" src="/docs/samples/jsp/{../1}.jsp"/>
   <map:transform type="i18n"/>
     <map:transform src="stylesheets/page/simple-page2html.xsl"/>
    <map:serialize type="html"/>
  </map:match>

The following is a simple JSP file

<%@ page language='java' session='false' %>
<page xmlns:i18n="http://apache.org/cocoon/i18n/2.0">
  <title>Hello</title>

  <content>
    <para>This is my first Cocoon2 page!</para>

    <para><i18n:text>a_key</i18n:text></para>

 </content>
</page>

The i18n/translations directory has the cfollwing files messages_en.xml
, messages _de.xml and messages.xml

When I started TomCat 4.01 with the above configurations, I got the
error
ERROR   (2002-01-31) 15:15.18:838   [cocoon  ] (/cocoon/jsp/hello2)
HttpProcessor[8080][1]/XMLResourceBundleFactory: Error while loading
resource: messages, locale en_US, bundleName
file:/C:/Products/WebServers/TomCat40/webapps/cocoon/i18n/translations/m
essages_en_US.xml
java.io.FileNotFoundException:
C:\Products\WebServers\TomCat40\webapps\cocoon\i18n\translations\message
s_en_US.xml (The system cannot find the file specified)

The cocoon was trying to find the messages_en_US.xml, however the
documentation indicates that the priority in finding the catalogue file
is
messages_lang_Country.xml
messages_country_lang.xml
messages_lang.xml
messages.xml

I then made a copy of messages_en.xml as messages_en_US.xml and started
cocoon and it started.

Question 1:
            Why does it fail if the catalogues file corresponding to
locale (lang_Country) is absent?

Question 2:
            How do I specify to get translation of text in a different
language at run time ?
                        <para><i18n:text>a_key</i18n:text></para>
                        <para><i18n:text
locale="es_ES">a_key</i18n:text></para>\
                        <para><i18n:text
locale="de"">a_key</i18n:text></para>

            Note: The above formats to print in different languages
fails.

Question 3:
            How do I initialize the i18n transformers for different
locales?

Question 4:
            If any one has samples, would U be kind enough to mail it ?

Regds,
Chithjs

accordia, inc
34347 Maybird Circle
Fremont, CA 94555
650 279 1137
cdas@accordiasys.com

The information contained in this communication is intended solely for
the use of the individual or entity to whom it is addressed and others
authorized to receive it. It may contain confidential or legally
privileged information. If you are not the intended recipient you are
hereby notified that any disclosure, copying, distribution or taking any
prohibited and may be unlawful. If you have received this communication
in error, please notify us immediately by responding to this email and
then delete it from your system. Accordia Inc. is neither liable for the
proper and incomplete transmission of the information contained in this
communication nor for any delay in its receipt