cocoon-users mailing list archives

From "Nicolas Kessler" <kess...@balcab.ch>
Subject Re: Oracle configuration with Tomcat 4.0.1
Date Sun, 27 Jan 2002 19:26:29 GMT
Hi Luca

From: "Luca Morandini" <l.moran@tin.it>
> I have upgraded to Tomcat 4.0.1 fomr Tomcat 3.2.3, but I wasn't able to
make
> Cocoon connect to Oracle 8.1.7...
>
> Could someone give the EXACT things to put in web.xml, server.xml,
> cocoon.xconf and the like ?

First, you must have the Oracle JDBC thin driver ("classes12.zip") somewhere
in your classpath.

Second, add

    oracle.jdbc.driver.OracleDriver

to web.xml in the

    <init-param>
        <param-name>load-class</param-name>
        <param-value>

section.

That should do it. You only need to modify cocoon.xconf if you want to use
connection pooling. In that case you would add something like

<jdbc name="scott">
    <pool-controller min="5" max="10" oradb="true"/>
    <auto-commit>false</auto-commit>
    <dburl>jdbc:oracle:thin:@localhost:1521:ORCL</dburl>
    <user>scott</user>
    <password>tiger</password>