cocoon-users mailing list archives

From "Nick Fingerhut [New Identity AG]" <nick.finger...@newidentity.de>
Subject AW: Aggregate xsp
Date Tue, 15 Jan 2002 19:46:09 GMT
thank you guys,

but what will be the faster solution if i need about 20 (or more values)
from an xml file and i also need to use some java code? Is it faster to
access this needed xml file with the document-function in xslt? In my
opinion this will be the slower way, so i decided to do it with the
aggregation.

can anyone held me with this decision?

-----Ursprungliche Nachricht-----
Von: Vadim Gritsenko [mailto:vadim.gritsenko@verizon.net]
Gesendet: Dienstag, 15. Januar 2002 19:56
An: cocoon-users@xml.apache.org
Betreff: RE: Aggregate xsp

Minor comments on this one...

> From: Tibi DONDERA [mailto:tibidondera@hotmail.com]
>
> Seen this a long time ago on the lists, I think.
>
> XSP files need to be compiled. So doing what you ask is _VERY_ time
> consuming,

Yes, this is true. For some machines, that's not _VERY_, but just
_very_.

> because every request will compile the XSP file you aggregated.

No, this is not true. If XSP source is internal to cocoon (see samples),
it can cache results.

> So (IMHO) Cocoon does not provide this mechanism (XSP is a generator,
not a
> transformer).

No. Samples provided with cocoon shows how to do it. In short: use
cocoon: protocol.

> YOu must rethink your application some other way (using actions is
usually
> the way to do it).

Yes, usually this gives better results then way of brute force.

Vadim

<nick.fingerhut@newidentity.de>