cocoon-users mailing list archives

From "Johannes Schwarz" <J.Schw...@wika.de>
Subject Re: Re: send absolute path of xml document via param in sitemap
Date Thu, 06 Dec 2001 08:18:27 GMT
-  *YES* I need the absolute path because I want to edit an existing xml
- document and write it back to disc with JSP.

- if there's another approach to get the path from the file - maybe a
xsl function or something else - I would prefer that instead of
hard-coding

Johannes Schwarz

>>> nicolaken@supereva.it 06.12.2001  09.01 Uhr >>>

----- Original Message -----
From: "Johannes Schwarz" <J.Schwarz@wika.de>
To: ">" <<cocoon-users@xml.apache.org>
Sent: Thursday, December 06, 2001 8:05 AM
Subject: send absolute path of xml document via param in sitemap

> Hi list!
>

> I want something like that in my sitemap
> to have access to the absolute path of my xml file in my stylesheet.
>
>   <map:match pattern="xml/*">
>      <map:generate type="file" src="docs/{1}.xml"/>
>      <map:transform src="stylesheets/tabelle-fo.xsl">
>             <map:parameter name="absolutepath" value="??????"/>
>      </map:transform>
>      <map:serialize type="html"/>
>   </map:match>
>

> At the question marks i want to include the absolute path of the xml
-
> document, which is generated the step before.

First:       do you *really* need the absolute path? Why?
Second:  if you really want to hard-code a path you can do:

   <map:match pattern="xml/*">
      <map:generate type="file" src="docs/{1}.xml"/>
      <map:transform src="stylesheets/tabelle-fo.xsl">
             <map:parameter name="absolutepath"
value="file:///hardcodedpathofwebapp/docs/{1}.xml"/>
      </map:transform>
      <map:serialize type="html"/>
   </map:match>

Nicola Ken Barozzi These are the days of miracle and wonder...
                              ...so don't cry baby, don't cry
<xml-cocoon@nicolaken.com> Paul Simon