cocoon-users mailing list archives

From Jeremy Quinn <jer...@media.demon.co.uk>
Subject Re: C2/Mac OS X behavior
Date Fri, 07 Dec 2001 10:10:02 GMT
At 10:08 am -0500 6/12/01, Michael Engelhart wrote:
>Hi,
>
>What I've got:
>Mac OS X (10.1)
>Tomcat 4.0.1
>Cocoon 2.0 (release)
>
>When I startup tomcat and then access the cocoon directory,  a Java
>application launches in the dock with the name
>org.apache.catalina.startup.Bootstrap.  If I quit this application from
>the dock or it's menu bar, Tomcat quits as well.
>
>I would ask this on the Tomcat list but this only happens when I access
>the cocoon directory and not when I access any of the examples that come
>with Tomcat 4.0.1
>
>Is there some thing in the Cocoon directory that actually launches and
>requires this Bootstrap class?   I tried commenting out the hsqldb
>settings thinking that the db server was causing it but that didn't help.

I believe this only started happening after the upgrade to MacOS X 10.1.
I think it is merely an artefact of the updated Java on the system.

I just ignore the org.apache.catalina.startup.Bootstrap application, and
continue to use TomCat in the normal way (from the Command lIne or TomCatX).

Hope this helps

regards Jeremy

                                                       webSpace Design
                                            HyperMedia Research Centre