cocoon-users mailing list archives

From "lucas" <lpons.etra...@etra.es>
Subject Passing POST parameters to a request.
Date Tue, 10 Jul 2001 14:14:25 GMT

I must send a parameter to an external cgi. This cgi only implements doGet()
method, and couldn't be changed.
¿How can i pass parameters to this external server using POST method?.
I have a pipeline like that:

	<map:match pattern="exec/external">
	<map:act type="request">
          <map:parameter name="parameters" value="true"/>
          <map:generate src="http://www.external.es/cgi-bin/TheCGI">
          	<map:parameter name='XML' value="{XML}"/>
          </map:generate>
      </map:act>
      <map:serialize type="html"/>
      </map:match>

and I have a a servlet which create the parameter(XML) and links to this
direction

	res.sendRedirect("http://myserv:8080/myproject/exec/external?XML=" +
XML_VAR);

I know the parameter is well-formed (probed), and the cgi also works. But a
get a message from the external server warning me that i have not sended any
parameter ..........
¿what can i do?

thanks in advance.

Lucas Pons Bayarri