cocoon-users mailing list archives

From Karl Øie <k...@gan.no>
Subject RE: Installing Coccon 2
Date Thu, 06 Dec 2001 14:00:31 GMT
have you removed jaxp.jar as well?

mvh karl øie

-----Original Message-----
From: Tanzila Mohammad [mailto:tmohammad@entier-solutions.com]
Sent: 6. desember 2001 14:55
To: cocoon-users@xml.apache.org
Subject: Installing Coccon 2

Hello all,

I am trying to install Cocoon 2 (cocoon-2.0rc2). I am using
Tomcat 3.2.3
JDK 1.3.1_01

I ran the install command and the build was displayed as being successful.

I started tomcat and got the following error:

Exception in thread "main" java.lang.NoSuchMethodError
        at
org.apache.avalon.framework.configuration.DefaultConfigurationBuilder
.<init>(DefaultConfigurationBuilder.java:38)
        at
org.apache.cocoon.servlet.CocoonServlet.initLogger(CocoonServlet.java
:398)
        at
org.apache.cocoon.servlet.CocoonServlet.init(CocoonServlet.java:128)
        at
org.apache.tomcat.core.ServletWrapper.doInit(ServletWrapper.java:317)

        at org.apache.tomcat.core.Handler.init(Handler.java:215)
        at
org.apache.tomcat.core.ServletWrapper.init(ServletWrapper.java:296)
        at
org.apache.tomcat.context.LoadOnStartupInterceptor.contextInit(LoadOn
StartupInterceptor.java:130)
        at
org.apache.tomcat.core.ContextManager.initContext(ContextManager.java
:491)
        at
org.apache.tomcat.core.ContextManager.init(ContextManager.java:453)
        at org.apache.tomcat.startup.Tomcat.execute(Tomcat.java:195)
        at org.apache.tomcat.startup.Tomcat.main(Tomcat.java:235)

I replaced the xml parser:
I renamed parser.jar and included xerces_1_4_3.jar within tomcat/lib.

Cleared the work directory and re-started.

The error still remained and no tomcat.log has been created.

Can anyone provide any suggestions?

Thanks in advance.

Tanz