cocoon-users mailing list archives

From "Gapinski, Gary (GEL, MSX)" <Gary.Gapin...@lighting.ge.com>
Subject RE: PRobably a faq tomcat4 cocoon 2 resource (/cocoon/) is not av ailable.
Date Mon, 31 Dec 2001 15:03:42 GMT
Did you stop and start Tomcat subsequent to the copy of the cocoon.war file
into the Tomcat webapps directory?

It should have been unpacked (when Tomcat started) into a "cocoon" directory
within the webapps directory.

If it was unpacked, check the Tomcat log files for problems.

-----Original Message-----
From: Gerrit Kuilder [mailto:gerrit@yours-untildeath.demon.nl]
Sent: Monday, December 31, 2001 9:51 AM
To: cocoon-users@xml.apache.org
Subject: PRobably a faq tomcat4 cocoon 2 resource (/cocoon/) is not
available.

Hi All,

have managed to get tomcat 4 working on Linux 7.1, strangely enough on
port 8180.

I then downloaded cocoon 2 (binary, so just the cocoon.war file) and
copied the cocoon.war into /webapps.http://localhost:8180/cocoon/

when I go to: http://localhost:8180/cocoon/

this results in the following error:
<error>

type Status report

message /cocoon/

description The requested resource (/cocoon/) is not available.
</error>

according to the documentation copying the cocoon.war file should have
been enough.

Can't seem to find any errors in any log. Searched the web read the docs.
Any suggestions? I can imagine this quesion being asked a lot, sorry if
it is for the x-th time.

Regards,

Gerrit Kuilder