cocoon-users mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From car...@cvc.edu (Carlos)
Subject Re: Connection refused after installing Cocoon
Date Mon, 03 Dec 2001 22:49:25 GMT
Marcus:

Mine was a misconfiguration and impatience error. I was not waiting long
enough after shutting Tomcat to restart it, hence my error

Carlos

-- 
Carlos E. Araya
---+ WebCT Administrator/Trainer
 G | California Virtual Campus
 - | C/O De Anza College
 P | 21250 Stevens Creek Blvd
---+ Cupertino, CA 95014

email               carlos@cvc.edu
web                 http://www.cvc1.org/ (work)
                    http://www.silverwolf-net.net (personal)
phone               408 257 0420 (work)
PGP Fingerprint:    E629 5DFD 7EAE 4995 E9D7  3D2F 5A9F 0CE7 DFE7 1756

Paradoxically, a refusal to 'put a monetary value on life' means that
life is often undervalued.
-- Artificial Intelligence: A Modern Approach


> From: Marcus Crafter <crafterm@fztig938.bank.dresdner.net>
> Reply-To: cocoon-users@xml.apache.org
> Date: Mon, 3 Dec 2001 20:20:34 +0100
> To: cocoon-users@xml.apache.org
> Subject: Re: Connection refused after installing Cocoon
> 
> Hi Carlos, Tilman,
> 
> Can you guys do a:
> 
> $> bin/catalina.sh run -config conf/server.xml
> 
> in your Tomcat 4.0.1 directory (or equivalent, ie. run Tomcat in the
> foreground) and send in the output that's printed to the screen
> (hopefully it will display an error message of some sort) ?
> 
> I'm getting:
> 
> <.1]:98>bin/catalina.sh run -config conf/server.xml
> Using CLASSPATH:
> /home/crafterm/workarea/jakarta-tomcat-4.0.1/bin/bootstrap.jar:/usr/local/jdk/
> lib/tools.jar
> Using CATALINA_BASE: /home/crafterm/workarea/jakarta-tomcat-4.0.1
> Using CATALINA_HOME: /home/crafterm/workarea/jakarta-tomcat-4.0.1
> Using JAVA_HOME:     /usr/local/jdk
> Starting service Tomcat-Standalone
> Apache Tomcat/4.0.1
> Loading catalog: /localhost/cocoon/resources/entities/catalog
> Server 1.6 is running
> Press [Ctrl]+[C] to abort
> 
> With the Cocoon webapp working fine under my Linux system
> (Debian, Kernel 2.4.6, SUN JDK 1.3.1_01).
> 
> Thanks,
> 
> Marcus
> 
> On Mon, Dec 03, 2001 at 09:59:11AM -0800, Carlos wrote:
>> Marcus:
>> 
>> I'm having the same problem but the logs are clean. It doesn't seem like
>> it's logging anything. Catalina.out, catalina.log and root.log don't have
>> any information relevant to the crash other than the connection refused
>> message. If you still think it's useful, I'll post the logs
>> 
>> Carlos
>> 
>> -- 
>> Carlos E. Araya
>> ---+ WebCT Administrator/Trainer
>>  G | California Virtual Campus
>>  - | C/O De Anza College
>>  P | 21250 Stevens Creek Blvd
>> ---+ Cupertino, CA 95014
>> 
>> email               carlos@cvc.edu
>> web                 http://www.cvc1.org/ (work)
>>                     http://www.silverwolf-net.net (personal)
>> phone               408 257 0420 (work)
>> PGP Fingerprint:    E629 5DFD 7EAE 4995 E9D7  3D2F 5A9F 0CE7 DFE7 1756
>> 
>> Paradoxically, a refusal to 'put a monetary value on life' means that
>> life is often undervalued.
>> -- Artificial Intelligence: A Modern Approach
>> 
>> 
>>> From: Marcus Crafter <crafterm@fztig938.bank.dresdner.net>
>>> Reply-To: cocoon-users@xml.apache.org
>>> Date: Mon, 3 Dec 2001 18:22:09 +0100
>>> To: cocoon-users@xml.apache.org
>>> Subject: Re: Connection refused after installing Cocoon
>>> 
>>> Hi Tilman,
>>> 
>>> On Mon, Dec 03, 2001 at 06:22:24PM +0100, Tilman Rassy wrote:
>>> 
>>>> Catalina.stop: java.net.ConnectException: Connection refused
>>>> java.net.ConnectException: Connection refused
>>>> ...<snip>...
>>> 
>>> hmm. looks like your Tomcat crashed just after startup for some
>>> reason.
>>> 
>>>> The Cocoon version is 2.0, my servlet container is Tomcat
>>>> 4.0.1, my java is sun's SDK 1.3.1, and I work on a Linux
>>>> machine (kernel 2.4.4-4GB).
>>>> 
>>>> Obviously, the cocoon.war file was extracted (I found a
>>>> cocoon subdirectory in webapps, and a lot of Cocoon-related
>>>> messages in the Tomcat log files). Without Cocoon, Tomcat
>>>> works well.
>>> 
>>> I think those messages in the tomcat logs are probably useful for
>>> diagnosing what's going on. Without them it's a bit difficult.
>>> Can you send them in ?
>>> 
>>> Cheers,
>>> 
>>> Marcus
>>> 
>>> -- 
>>>       .....
>>>    ,,$$$$$$$$$,      Marcus Crafter
>>>   ;$'      '$$$$:    Computer Systems Engineer
>>>   $:         $$$$:   Managesoft GmbH
>>>    $       o_)$$$:   82-84 Mainzer Landstrasse
>>>    ;$,    _/\ &&:'   60327 Frankfurt Germany
>>>      '     /( &&&
>>>          \_&&&&'     Email : Marcus.Crafter@managesoft.com
>>>         &&&&.        Business Hours : +49 69 9757 200
>>>   &&&&&&&:
>>> 
>>> ---------------------------------------------------------------------
>>> Please check that your question has not already been answered in the
>>> FAQ before posting. <http://xml.apache.org/cocoon/faqs.html>
>>> 
>>> To unsubscribe, e-mail: <cocoon-users-unsubscribe@xml.apache.org>
>>> For additional commands, e-mail: <cocoon-users-help@xml.apache.org>
>>> 
>> 
>> 
>> ---------------------------------------------------------------------
>> Please check that your question has not already been answered in the
>> FAQ before posting. <http://xml.apache.org/cocoon/faqs.html>
>> 
>> To unsubscribe, e-mail: <cocoon-users-unsubscribe@xml.apache.org>
>> For additional commands, e-mail: <cocoon-users-help@xml.apache.org>
>> 
> 
> -- 
>       .....
>    ,,$$$$$$$$$,      Marcus Crafter
>   ;$'      '$$$$:    Computer Systems Engineer
>   $:         $$$$:   Managesoft GmbH
>    $       o_)$$$:   82-84 Mainzer Landstrasse
>    ;$,    _/\ &&:'   60327 Frankfurt Germany
>      '     /( &&&
>          \_&&&&'     Email : Marcus.Crafter@managesoft.com
>         &&&&.        Business Hours : +49 69 9757 200
>   &&&&&&&:
> 
> ---------------------------------------------------------------------
> Please check that your question has not already been answered in the
> FAQ before posting. <http://xml.apache.org/cocoon/faqs.html>
> 
> To unsubscribe, e-mail: <cocoon-users-unsubscribe@xml.apache.org>
> For additional commands, e-mail: <cocoon-users-help@xml.apache.org>
> 


---------------------------------------------------------------------
Please check that your question has not already been answered in the
FAQ before posting. <http://xml.apache.org/cocoon/faqs.html>

To unsubscribe, e-mail: <cocoon-users-unsubscribe@xml.apache.org>
For additional commands, e-mail: <cocoon-users-help@xml.apache.org>


Mime
View raw message