cocoon-users mailing list archives

From Luke Studley <Luke.Stud...@cerillion.com>
Subject RE: Inserting / Comining XML data
Date Thu, 06 Dec 2001 14:11:38 GMT
Another useful tidbit - XSLT parameter passing into documents - never
thought of that.

I like it. I think there enough of a picture emerging here that I will
proceed down this route rather than XSP and see how far I can get.

I see in your examaple that you use document() with a cocoon: url as a kind
of replacement for the aggregate action. Also a neat trick.

Thanks

Luke

-----Original Message-----
From: Luca Morandini [mailto:l.moran@tin.it]
Sent: 06 December 2001 13:25
To: cocoon-users@xml.apache.org
Subject: RE: Inserting / Comining XML data

Luke,

I'm happy to know that someone is trying to avoid XSP.

I dislike it for being too static, I'd rather prefer doing everything via
XSLT... as I'm currently struggling to do.

By the way, I think you may be interested in knowing that you can pass
request parameters within document() calls.

For instance, you can:

<xsl:variable name="v">vvvv</xsl:variable>
<xsl:variable name="w">wwww</xsl:variable>
<xsl:variable name="uri">
	<xsl:value-of select="concat('cocoon:/b.xml', '?v=', $v, '&amp;w=',
$w)"/>
</xsl:variable>
<xsl:copy-of select="document($uri)"/>

...and b.xml will receive those two request parameters (v and w),
alleviating the matter of passing parameters from stylesheets to URIs.

Best regards,

               Luca Morandini
               GIS Consultant
              lmorandini@ieee.org