cocoon-users mailing list archives

From "Brian Topping" <topp...@digidemic.com>
Subject C2/Resin 2.0.4: Xerces 2.0b3 or 1.4.4?
Date Wed, 12 Dec 2001 07:08:33 GMT
Greetings,

I am new to Cocoon and trying to get C2.0 installed on top of Resin
2.0.4.  The installation directions recommend removing dom.jar, sax.jar,
and jaxp.jar, and replacing with the xerces.jar (1.4.4) from the Cocoon
distribution.  When I did that, I could not launch Resin at all.

So then I tried using Xerces 2.0b3, and while I could launch Resin just
fine, going to the http://localhost:8080/cocoon page dumped an exception
out to the browser:

java.lang.NullPointerException: Null content handler
	at
org.xml.sax.helpers.XMLFilterImpl.setContentHandler(XMLFilterImpl.java:3
07)
	at
org.apache.cocoon.components.language.markup.LogicsheetCodeGenerator.add
Logicsheet(LogicsheetCodeGenerator.java:98)
	at
org.apache.cocoon.components.language.markup.AbstractMarkupLanguage.addL
ogicsheetsToGenerator(AbstractMarkupLanguage.java:304)
	at
org.apache.cocoon.components.language.markup.AbstractMarkupLanguage$Tran
sformerChainBuilderFilter.startElement(AbstractMarkupLanguage.java:511)
	at
org.apache.cocoon.components.language.markup.sitemap.SitemapMarkupLangua
ge$SitemapTransformerChainBuilderFilter.startElement(SitemapMarkupLangua
ge.java:368)
	at
org.xml.sax.helpers.XMLFilterImpl.startElement(XMLFilterImpl.java:575)
	at
org.apache.cocoon.components.language.markup.sitemap.SitemapMarkupLangua
ge$PreProcessFilter.startElement(SitemapMarkupLanguage.java:211)
	at
org.apache.xerces.parsers.AbstractSAXParser.startElement(AbstractSAXPars
er.java:342)
	at
org.apache.xerces.impl.xs.XMLSchemaValidator.startElement(XMLSchemaValid
ator.java:401)

The libs in my resin\lib are ejb.jar, jdbc-mysql.jar,
jdbc2_0-stdext.jar, jms.jar, jndi.jar, jsdk23.jar, jta-spec1_0_1.jar,
resin-ejb.jar, resin.jar, webutil.jar, xerces.jar.  My system classpath
is nonexistent.

Does this make much sense?  These are all with completely fresh
installs.