cocoon-users mailing list archives

From David Rosenstrauch <dar...@dti.net>
Subject Re: XSP page getting called TWICE! (was: Pipeline dependencies)
Date Tue, 11 Dec 2001 15:37:25 GMT
I posted this a couple of times here, as well as once to the Dev list.  No one's written back
with any suggestions so far.

I hope y'all don't mind, but I'd like to post this one more time.  It's really stumping me!
 Please help!

Anyone have any thoughts on this?

What could cause an XSP page to get called twice in the same request?

Tnx!

DR

At 12:07 PM 12/7/01 -0500, you wrote:
>Actually, regarding the setup below (which I mentioned in another message), I'm having
a problem with it and would appreciate some help.

>Take a look at the sitemap segment below.  And let me clarify it a bit too:
>
>The XSL stylesheet that I'm using in the transform on "pd/mergedoc.html" is generated
*dynamically*, from an xsp page ("pages/gen_merge_xsl.xsp").

>This is working just fine, except for one small problem:
>
>For some reason, on each request, this XSP page is getting executed TWICE!  Although this
doesn't technically cause any errors, it's pretty inefficient since it hits the database twice,
generates the xsl twice, etc.

>Any ideas why?
>
>Some possible thoughts I had:
>
>* perhaps the internal-only="true" is causing this?
>
>* perhaps an additional aspect of this setup is causing this:  the "cocoon:/rtf_parse"
generation step (not listed) is setting an "attachment" response header ("Content-Disposition:
attachment; filename=myfile.rtf") so that the file will be downloaded instead of displayed
directly in the browser.  Could that be causing this?