cocoon-users mailing list archives

From Mauricio Souza Lima <maurici...@terra.com.br>
Subject Performance Tip and hiding cocoon form URL [Was:new Cocoon2 powered website!]
Date Tue, 18 Dec 2001 13:13:13 GMT
  Being or not the ping, somethings are realy slow on cocoon, but it's
not his fault.

  High dynamic web plataforms have a penalty for it's dynamic. Compare
the steps a cocoon web server walks with the steps a apache server walks
to serve some content...
  So, everything that is static has to be served with a high performance
web server, not cocoon. See the diference of cocoon serving an image and
apache serving the same image.
  I have done this:

Client Request -> Apache (Static files?) Yes -> File System
                                         No  -> Cocoon

Filtering it with the Rewrite module as this:

RewriteEngine On
RewriteRule ^/images/(.*)
/usr/local/tomcat/webapps/cocoon/resources/images/$1 [l]
RewriteRule ^/scripts/(.*)
/usr/local/tomcat/webapps/cocoon/resources/scripts/$1 [l] #for js
RewriteRule ^/css/(.*) /usr/local/tomcat/webapps/cocoon/resources/css/$1
[l] #for css
RewriteRule ^/(.*) http://localhost:8080/cocoon/$1 [p] #omiting cocoon
from url

So my site goes from a WW1 plane to a SU-37 Super Flanker in a second!

Hope this will help everyone with performance issues in this list...

Carlos, this could be used in the Best Pratices?

Good fly!

--
Mauricio Souza Lima
Rational Consulting