cocoon-users mailing list archives

From Hubert NEOtyk Iwaniuk <hube...@office.ferienwelt.com.pl>
Subject Re: XSLT and international characters.
Date Wed, 05 Dec 2001 09:46:47 GMT
Hello Marcin,

On Tue, Dec 04, 2001 at 12:33:00PM +0100, Marcin Kłos wrote:
> Hi!
>
> For serveral days I'm trying to solve the following problem. I'm sure that
> somebody has already faced it, but I could not find any answer on the net.
>
> I use Cocoon 2 for XSLT transformations (Tomcat 4.0.1 glued to Apache using
> mod_webapp). These are very simple transformations producing HTML output. I
> pass some parameters in the QUERY STRING to the XSL. Those parameters contain
> international (polish) characters, somewhere during the transformation those
> charcters are converted into some rubbish. For example polish character
> %C5%82 is transformed into &Aring;&#130; i.e., each byte of the two-byte
> value is treated separetely.
>
> How to overcome this problem?

Use desired encoding for html serialization (in your case it is iso8859-2
or utf-8).
All files containing national characters, should be encoded in UTF-8.

IE supports UTF-8, as well as Mazilla does.
You can look my http://office.ferienwelt.com.pl:8080/cocoon/xml_tests/
i have used there national characters.

Best wishes,
	Hubert.