cocoon-users mailing list archives

From Christian Haul <h...@dvs1.informatik.tu-darmstadt.de>
Subject Re: [c2] q: howto use ESQL inside own logicsheets?
Date Tue, 04 Dec 2001 23:24:51 GMT
On 04.Dec.2001 -- 06:20 PM, Hubert NEOtyk Iwaniuk wrote:
> Hi David,
>
> > Your previous question was a little unclear, but I'll try my best to help.
> >
> > Generally the way I handle logicsheets and XSP is as follows:
> >
> > 1) take an XML file (what you refer to in your message as "my server page" I would
say is not a server page; it's just a regular xml file)

> > 2) at compile time (i.e., using Ant and Xalan, not Cocoon) I perform an XSLT against
that XML file using the logicsheet.  The result is the XSP server page. (what you refer to
in your message as "output is" I would say is your server page; this now needs to get executed)

> I'm no familiar with Ant, can you tell me how to do it (some build.xml i gues?).
> Or how to do it in cocoon, because that is what i was trying to do.
> I wanted to achieve this by using logicsheet, which is an xsl:stylesheet, as
> documented in c2docs. what i should do, i think, is to
> 	<map:match patter="my_xsp.xsp">
> 		<map:generate type="file" src="my_xsl-file-containing-logicsheet-tags.xml"/>
> 		<map:transform type="xslt" src="my-logicsheet.xsl"/>
> 		<map:serialize type="xml"/>
> 	</map:match>
> but that is what i thought c2 is doing with logisheet.
> if it's not then please let me know.

Wait a minute. stylesheet != taglib
taglib: used when creating .java from XSP. taglibs are aka logicsheets.
stylesheet: used when styling XML

usually, both are implemented in XSLT

you apply your taglib to XML -> wrong

right: add your taglib to cocoon.xconf

search this ML for examples. this has been asked many times. see
"concepts" section in docs. it is all explained in great detail.

To David: yes, you could use your two pipeline setup. but then you
would need to know in which order to apply all taglibs. the official
way is much more comfortable.

	Chris.

--
C h r i s t i a n       H a u l