cocoon-users mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From "Bernhard Huber" <berni_hu...@a1.net>
Subject Ant: RE: Cocoon 2 (B2) on weblogic 6.1 problem
Date Tue, 04 Dec 2001 18:12:16 GMT
Hi,
You are right, in my installation i didn't deployed
cocoon as a single war file, too.

well if you read the spec about Servlet 2.2, 2.3
getRealPath() is allowed to return null.
The solution is to use getResourceXXXXX(),
i think in some places of the cocoon code
this has been done - replacing the getRealPath() call -
thus i think it is a bug to use the getRealPath()
in the Logkit code, opening a bugzilla?

bye

Huber Bernhard, email: berni.huber@a1.net, homepage:
members.a1.net/berni_huber/index.html



----- Urspr√ľngliche Nachricht -----
Von: Helena Ginzburg <helena@nomadiq.com>
Datum: Dienstag, Dezember 4, 2001 17:52
Betreff: RE: Cocoon 2 (B2) on weblogic 6.1 problem

> Hi,
> I followed your instructions, but it did not solved the problem.
> However, I found where it is not working properly:
> 
> 
> CocoonServlet.private void initLogger()
>    throws ServletException {
> ......
>        subcontext.put("context-root",
> this.servletContext.getRealPath("/"));
> ......
> }
> this.servletContext.getRealPath("/") ===> returns null
> 
> 
> The problem is that if I put it as a coccon.WAR file it returns 
> null, if I
> put it as a directory (cocoon) it returns the expected value
> (C:\bea\wlserver6.1\config\mydomain\applications\cocoon), I have 
> to work
> with it as a WAR file. Is there any solution for that?
> 
> Thanks,
> Helena.
> 
> -----Original Message-----
> From: Bernhard Huber [ mailto:berni_huber@a1.net 
> <mailto:berni_huber@a1.net>]
> Sent: Tuesday, December 04, 2001 12:14 AM
> To: cocoon-users@xml.apache.org
> Subject: Re: Cocoon 2 (B2) on weblogic 6.1 problem
> 
> 
> hi,
> i posted a description into cocoon-users mail list about my 
> experiencesdeploying cocoon2
> at WLS6.1 sucessfully, search the mailing list for wls6.1
> 
> As I found the original mail here once again:
> Installing Cocoon2 under WLS6.1
> 
> I have struggled a bit before I managed to run Cocoon2 under WLS6.1
> 
> The following section describes the steps to install Cocoon2 under 
> WLS6.1.I have installed Cocoon2 under WIN2000:
> 
> As WLS6.1 sp1 uses it own XMLParser, and XSLTransformer you have to
> force Cocoon to use
> the apache xerces, and apache xalan jars.
> 
> Edit the following files:
> 
> 1) Edit your server startup script: (startWebLogic.cmd in your domain
> directory)
> Add MYCLASSPATH specifying xerxes, and xalan jar of the Cocoon2
> distribution.
> Append both at the start of the CLASSPATH. This change is neccessary.
> --- snipped ---
> set
>
MYCLASSPATH=%MYCLASSPATH%;D:\bea\wlserver6.1\config\cocoon\applications\coco
> on\WEB-INF\lib\xerces_1_4_3.jar
> 
> set
>
MYCLASSPATH=%MYCLASSPATH%;D:\bea\wlserver6.1\config\cocoon\applications\coco
> on\WEB-INF\lib\xalan-2.1.0.jar
> 
> 
> set CLASSPATH=%MYCLASSPATH%;.;.\lib\weblogic_sp.jar;.\lib\weblogic.jar
> ...java -classpath %CLASSPATH%....
> --- snipped ---
> 
> 2) Next edit the cocoon.xconf file, be sure to specify the
> transformer-factory set to
> org.apache.xalan.processor.TransformerFactoryImpl.
>    This is very important: Using the WLS6.1 XSLTransformer I couldn't
> managed to generate any valid java sitemap file. This change is 
> neccessary.---snippet---
> <!-- XSLT processor:
>    -->
>    <xslt-processor
> class="org.apache.cocoon.components.xslt.XSLTProcessorImpl"
> logger="root.xslt">
>       <parameter name="use-store" value="true"/>
>       <parameter name="transformer-factory"
> value="org.apache.xalan.processor.TransformerFactoryImpl"/>
>    </xslt-processor>
> ---snippet---
> 
> 3) You may activate the xerces parser explicitly in cocoon.xconf, too.
> Although it is not absolutly necessary.
> --snippet--
> 
> -
>
Dorg.apache.cocoon.components.parser.Parser=org.apache.cocoon.components.parser.XercesParser
> 
>    -->
>    <parser class="org.apache.cocoon.components.parser.XercesParser"/>
> --snippet--
> 
> 4) Last you may have to edit lib/weblogic.policy, deactivating any
> security-policy setting, allowing to load compiled xsp, and
> sitemaps. At my last test this change was not necessary!
> --snippet--
> grant {
>    // make cocoon work ??
>    // permission java.security.AllPermission;
> 
>    // Permission "enableSubstitution" needed to run the WebLogic 
> console    permission java.io.SerializablePermission 
> "enableSubstitution";--snippet--
> 
> I hope it helps!
> 
> I have not checked the JSPEngine under Cocoon2 + WLS6.1, but it 
> may need
> some reconfiguration, too.
> 
> 
> Helena Ginzburg wrote:
> 
> >Has anyone managed to successfully install Cocoon 2 (B2) on 
> weblogic 6.1?
> >I followed the instructions that came with the distribution, but 
> Cocoon>failed to load during deployment with the following errors:
> ><Dec 3, 2001 12:05:04 PM IST> <Error> <J2EE> <Error deploying

> application>cocoon
> >: Could not load cocoon>
> >java.lang.reflect.UndeclaredThrowableException:
> >java.lang.NullPointerException
> >        at java.util.Hashtable.put(Hashtable.java:380)
> >        at
> >org.apache.avalon.framework.context.DefaultContext.put(DefaultContext
> >.java:107)
> >        at
> >org.apache.cocoon.servlet.CocoonServlet.initLogger(CocoonServlet.java
> >:423)
> >        at
> >org.apache.cocoon.servlet.CocoonServlet.init(CocoonServlet.java:132)
> >        at
> >weblogic.servlet.internal.ServletStubImpl.createServlet(ServletStubIm
> >pl.java:700)
> >        at
> >weblogic.servlet.internal.ServletStubImpl.createInstances(ServletStub
> >Impl.java:643)
> >        at
> >weblogic.servlet.internal.ServletStubImpl.prepareServlet(ServletStubI
> >mpl.java:588)
> >        at
> >weblogic.servlet.internal.WebAppServletContext.preloadServlet(WebAppS
> >ervletContext.java:2203)
> >        at
> >weblogic.servlet.internal.WebAppServletContext.preloadServlets(WebApp
> >ServletContext.java:2147)
> >        at
> >weblogic.servlet.internal.WebAppServletContext.init(WebAppServletCont
> >ext.java:884)
> >        at
> >weblogic.servlet.internal.WebAppServletContext.<init>(WebAppServletCo
> >ntext.java:807)
> >        at
> >weblogic.servlet.internal.HttpServer.loadWebApp(HttpServer.java:421)
> >        at 
> weblogic.j2ee.WebAppComponent.deploy(WebAppComponent.java:74)>     
>   at weblogic.j2ee.Application.addComponent(Application.java:160)
> >        at 
> weblogic.j2ee.J2EEService.addDeployment(J2EEService.java:117)>     
>   at
> >weblogic.management.mbeans.custom.DeploymentTarget.addDeployment(Depl
> >oymentTarget.java:329)
> >        at
> >weblogic.management.mbeans.custom.DeploymentTarget.addDeployment(Depl
> >oymentTarget.java:144)
> >        at
> >weblogic.management.mbeans.custom.WebServer.addWebDeployment(WebServe
> >r.java:76)
> >        at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Native Method)
> >        at
> >weblogic.management.internal.DynamicMBeanImpl.invokeLocally(DynamicMB
> >eanImpl.java:608)
> >        at
> >weblogic.management.internal.DynamicMBeanImpl.invoke(DynamicMBeanImpl
> >.java:592)
> >        at
> >weblogic.management.internal.ConfigurationMBeanImpl.invoke(Configurat
> >ionMBeanImpl.java:352)
> >        at
> >com.sun.management.jmx.MBeanServerImpl.invoke(MBeanServerImpl.java:15
> >55)
> >        at
> >com.sun.management.jmx.MBeanServerImpl.invoke(MBeanServerImpl.java:15
> >23)
> >        at
> >weblogic.management.internal.MBeanProxy.invoke(MBeanProxy.java:449)
> >        at
> >weblogic.management.internal.MBeanProxy.invoke(MBeanProxy.java:190)
> >        at $Proxy33.addWebDeployment(Unknown Source)
> >        at
> >weblogic.management.configuration.WebServerMBean_CachingStub.addWebDe
> >ployment(WebServerMBean_CachingStub.java:1094)
> >        at
> >weblogic.management.mbeans.custom.DeploymentTarget.addDeployment(Depl
> >oymentTarget.java:315)
> >        at
> >weblogic.management.mbeans.custom.DeploymentTarget.addDeployments(Dep
> >loymentTarget.java:279)
> >        at
> >weblogic.management.mbeans.custom.DeploymentTarget.updateServerDeploy
> >ments(DeploymentTarget.java:233)
> >        at
> >weblogic.management.mbeans.custom.DeploymentTarget.updateDeployments(
> >DeploymentTarget.java:193)
> >        at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Native Method)
> >        at
> >weblogic.management.internal.DynamicMBeanImpl.invokeLocally(DynamicMB
> >eanImpl.java:608)
> >        at
> >weblogic.management.internal.DynamicMBeanImpl.invoke(DynamicMBeanImpl
> >.java:592)
> >        at
> >weblogic.management.internal.ConfigurationMBeanImpl.invoke(Configurat
> >ionMBeanImpl.java:352)
> >        at
> >com.sun.management.jmx.MBeanServerImpl.invoke(MBeanServerImpl.java:15
> >55)
> >        at
> >com.sun.management.jmx.MBeanServerImpl.invoke(MBeanServerImpl.java:15
> >23)
> >        at
> >weblogic.management.internal.MBeanProxy.invoke(MBeanProxy.java:449)
> >        at
> >weblogic.management.internal.MBeanProxy.invoke(MBeanProxy.java:190)
> >        at $Proxy32.updateDeployments(Unknown Source)
> >        at
> >weblogic.management.configuration.ServerMBean_CachingStub.updateDeplo
> >yments(ServerMBean_CachingStub.java:2734)
> >        at
> >weblogic.management.mbeans.custom.ApplicationManager.startConfigManag
> >er(ApplicationManager.java:362)
> >        at
> >weblogic.management.mbeans.custom.ApplicationManager.start(Applicatio
> >nManager.java:154)
> >        at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Native Method)
> >        at
> >weblogic.management.internal.DynamicMBeanImpl.invokeLocally(DynamicMB
> >eanImpl.java:608)
> >        at
> >weblogic.management.internal.DynamicMBeanImpl.invoke(DynamicMBeanImpl
> >.java:592)
> >        at
> >weblogic.management.internal.ConfigurationMBeanImpl.invoke(Configurat
> >ionMBeanImpl.java:352)
> >        at
> >com.sun.management.jmx.MBeanServerImpl.invoke(MBeanServerImpl.java:15
> >55)
> >        at
> >com.sun.management.jmx.MBeanServerImpl.invoke(MBeanServerImpl.java:15
> >23)
> >        at
> >weblogic.management.internal.MBeanProxy.invoke(MBeanProxy.java:449)
> >        at
> >weblogic.management.internal.MBeanProxy.invoke(MBeanProxy.java:190)
> >        at $Proxy44.start(Unknown Source)
> >        at
> >weblogic.management.configuration.ApplicationManagerMBean_CachingStub
> >.start(ApplicationManagerMBean_CachingStub.java:480)
> >        at
> >weblogic.management.Admin.startApplicationManager(Admin.java:1151)
> >        at weblogic.management.Admin.finish(Admin.java:570)
> >        at weblogic.t3.srvr.T3Srvr.start(T3Srvr.java:506)
> >        at weblogic.t3.srvr.T3Srvr.run(T3Srvr.java:203)
> >        at weblogic.Server.main(Server.java:35)
> >--------------- nested within: ------------------
> >weblogic.j2ee.DeploymentException: Could not load cocoon - with 
> nested>exception
> >:
> >[java.lang.NullPointerException]
> >        at
> >weblogic.servlet.internal.HttpServer.loadWebApp(HttpServer.java:424)
> >        at 
> weblogic.j2ee.WebAppComponent.deploy(WebAppComponent.java:74)>     
>   at weblogic.j2ee.Application.addComponent(Application.java:160)
> >        at 
> weblogic.j2ee.J2EEService.addDeployment(J2EEService.java:117)>     
>   at
> >weblogic.management.mbeans.custom.DeploymentTarget.addDeployment(Depl
> >oymentTarget.java:329)
> >        at
> >weblogic.management.mbeans.custom.DeploymentTarget.addDeployment(Depl
> >oymentTarget.java:144)
> >        at
> >weblogic.management.mbeans.custom.WebServer.addWebDeployment(WebServe
> >r.java:76)
> >        at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Native Method)
> >        at
> >weblogic.management.internal.DynamicMBeanImpl.invokeLocally(DynamicMB
> >eanImpl.java:608)
> >        at
> >weblogic.management.internal.DynamicMBeanImpl.invoke(DynamicMBeanImpl
> >.java:592)
> >        at
> >weblogic.management.internal.ConfigurationMBeanImpl.invoke(Configurat
> >ionMBeanImpl.java:352)
> >        at
> >com.sun.management.jmx.MBeanServerImpl.invoke(MBeanServerImpl.java:15
> >55)
> >        at
> >com.sun.management.jmx.MBeanServerImpl.invoke(MBeanServerImpl.java:15
> >23)
> >        at
> >weblogic.management.internal.MBeanProxy.invoke(MBeanProxy.java:449)
> >        at
> >weblogic.management.internal.MBeanProxy.invoke(MBeanProxy.java:190)
> >        at $Proxy33.addWebDeployment(Unknown Source)
> >        at
> >weblogic.management.configuration.WebServerMBean_CachingStub.addWebDe
> >ployment(WebServerMBean_CachingStub.java:1094)
> >        at
> >weblogic.management.mbeans.custom.DeploymentTarget.addDeployment(Depl
> >oymentTarget.java:315)
> >        at
> >weblogic.management.mbeans.custom.DeploymentTarget.addDeployments(Dep
> >loymentTarget.java:279)
> >        at
> >weblogic.management.mbeans.custom.DeploymentTarget.updateServerDeploy
> >ments(DeploymentTarget.java:233)
> >        at
> >weblogic.management.mbeans.custom.DeploymentTarget.updateDeployments(
> >DeploymentTarget.java:193)
> >        at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Native Method)
> >        at
> >weblogic.management.internal.DynamicMBeanImpl.invokeLocally(DynamicMB
> >eanImpl.java:608)
> >        at
> >weblogic.management.internal.DynamicMBeanImpl.invoke(DynamicMBeanImpl
> >.java:592)
> >        at
> >weblogic.management.internal.ConfigurationMBeanImpl.invoke(Configurat
> >ionMBeanImpl.java:352)
> >        at
> >com.sun.management.jmx.MBeanServerImpl.invoke(MBeanServerImpl.java:15
> >55)
> >        at
> >com.sun.management.jmx.MBeanServerImpl.invoke(MBeanServerImpl.java:15
> >23)
> >        at
> >weblogic.management.internal.MBeanProxy.invoke(MBeanProxy.java:449)
> >        at
> >weblogic.management.internal.MBeanProxy.invoke(MBeanProxy.java:190)
> >        at $Proxy32.updateDeployments(Unknown Source)
> >        at
> >weblogic.management.configuration.ServerMBean_CachingStub.updateDeplo
> >yments(ServerMBean_CachingStub.java:2734)
> >        at
> >weblogic.management.mbeans.custom.ApplicationManager.startConfigManag
> >er(ApplicationManager.java:362)
> >        at
> >weblogic.management.mbeans.custom.ApplicationManager.start(Applicatio
> >nManager.java:154)
> >        at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Native Method)
> >        at
> >weblogic.management.internal.DynamicMBeanImpl.invokeLocally(DynamicMB
> >eanImpl.java:608)
> >        at
> >weblogic.management.internal.DynamicMBeanImpl.invoke(DynamicMBeanImpl
> >.java:592)
> >        at
> >weblogic.management.internal.ConfigurationMBeanImpl.invoke(Configurat
> >ionMBeanImpl.java:352)
> >        at
> >com.sun.management.jmx.MBeanServerImpl.invoke(MBeanServerImpl.java:15
> >55)
> >        at
> >com.sun.management.jmx.MBeanServerImpl.invoke(MBeanServerImpl.java:15
> >23)
> >        at
> >weblogic.management.internal.MBeanProxy.invoke(MBeanProxy.java:449)
> >        at
> >weblogic.management.internal.MBeanProxy.invoke(MBeanProxy.java:190)
> >        at $Proxy44.start(Unknown Source)
> >        at
> >weblogic.management.configuration.ApplicationManagerMBean_CachingStub
> >.start(ApplicationManagerMBean_CachingStub.java:480)
> >        at
> >weblogic.management.Admin.startApplicationManager(Admin.java:1151)
> >        at weblogic.management.Admin.finish(Admin.java:570)
> >        at weblogic.t3.srvr.T3Srvr.start(T3Srvr.java:506)
> >        at weblogic.t3.srvr.T3Srvr.run(T3Srvr.java:203)
> >        at weblogic.Server.main(Server.java:35)
> ><Dec 3, 2001 12:05:05 PM IST> <Notice> <Management> <Application

> Poller>started
> >for development server.>
> ><Dec 3, 2001 12:05:05 PM IST> <Notice> <WebLogicServer> <ListenThread
> >listening
> >on port 80>
> ><Dec 3, 2001 12:05:06 PM IST> <Notice> <WebLogicServer> <Started

> WebLogic>Admin
> >Server "myserver" for domain "mydomain" running in Development Mode>
> >
> >Thank's. Helena.
> >
> >------------------------------------------------------------------
> ---
> >Please check that your question has not already been answered in the
> >FAQ before posting. < http://xml.apache.org/cocoon/faqs.html
> <" target="l">http://xml.apache.org/cocoon/faqs.html> >
> >
> >To unsubscribe, e-mail: <cocoon-users-unsubscribe@xml.apache.org>
> >For additional commands, e-mail: <cocoon-users-help@xml.apache.org>
> >
> >
> 
> 
> 
> -------------------------------------------------------------------
> --
> Please check that your question has not already been answered in the
> FAQ before posting. < http://xml.apache.org/cocoon/faqs.html
> <" target="l">http://xml.apache.org/cocoon/faqs.html> >
> 
> To unsubscribe, e-mail: <cocoon-users-unsubscribe@xml.apache.org>
> For additional commands, e-mail: <cocoon-users-help@xml.apache.org>
> 
> 
> 


---------------------------------------------------------------------
Please check that your question has not already been answered in the
FAQ before posting. <http://xml.apache.org/cocoon/faqs.html>

To unsubscribe, e-mail: <cocoon-users-unsubscribe@xml.apache.org>
For additional commands, e-mail: <cocoon-users-help@xml.apache.org>


Mime
View raw message