cocoon-users mailing list archives

From "Nicola Ken Barozzi" <baro...@nicolaken.com>
Subject Re: Method Post with ISO 8859-1
Date Wed, 12 Dec 2001 11:08:40 GMT

----- Original Message -----
From: "Sebastian M├Ąder" <maeder@fh-brandenburg.de>
To: <cocoon-users@xml.apache.org>
Sent: Wednesday, December 12, 2001 12:03 PM
Subject: Method Post with ISO 8859-1

> Hey Cocooner's ,-)
>
> We want to use an input field for international character and post the
> value of this field in the next page with method post.
> We get the value as parameter with xsp:logic get.Parameter etc.  But it
> works only with UTF-8.
>
> Hm.
>
> 1.) the problem is, that cocoon write in the generated HTML
> Files "encoding=UTF-8".

The html serializers puts it.

> 2.) or, it is an HTML Code Problem ??
>
> Please Help!

Change your serializer def in sitemap.xmap to:
      <map:serializer name="html" mime-type="text/html"
src="org.apache.cocoon.serialization.HTMLSerializer">
        <encoding>ISO-8859-1</encoding>
      </map:serializer>

Nicola Ken Barozzi These are the days of miracle and wonder...
                                ...so don't cry baby, don't cry
<xml-cocoon@nicolaken.com>                          Paul Simon