cocoon-users mailing list archives

From "Brent L Johnson" <br...@bjohnson.net>
Subject Re: [c1] java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError with custom class?
Date Mon, 17 Dec 2001 19:00:36 GMT
Sorry for the delay ... I do have loose classes in WEB-INF/classes.  That's
the problem. I've got a simple "Globals" object I created - still in the
same place as it was when it was working under Tomcat3.x
(webapps/myapp/WEB-INF/classes/com/mycomp/globals/Globals.class).

- Brent

----- Original Message -----
From: "David Rosenstrauch" <darose@dti.net>
To: <cocoon-users@xml.apache.org>
Sent: Friday, December 14, 2001 12:39 PM
Subject: Re: [c1] java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError with custom class?

> Loose classes go in WEB-INF/classes.  Jar files go in WEB-INF/lib.
>
> If your code is in a jar file then you put it in the wrong place.
>

> DR
>

> At 12:29 PM 12/14/01 -0500, you wrote:
> >I'm running Cocoon 1.8.2 and I've just upgraded from Tomcat3.x to
Tomcat4.0.1.  According to Tomcat's documentation, anything in
WEB-INF/classes is available (so I dont have to put it in my classpath).
I've got my own com.blah.globals package in
WEB-INF/classes/com/blah/globals.  When I try and import this in my cocoon
logicsheet I get a NoClassDefFoundError:

> >java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: com/rrp/globals/Globals
> >at
_home._reedy._docs._production._pcteachit_com._temp.<init>(_temp.java:33)
> >at java.lang.Class.newInstance0(Native Method)
> >at java.lang.Class.newInstance(Class.java:237)
> >If anyone has any ideas on this I would really appreciate it.  I tried
adding it to my classpath and restarting everything and I still get the same
error.