cocoon-users mailing list archives

From "Derek Hohls" <dho...@csir.co.za>
Subject [C1] Connect to mySQL: dbPool Problems?
Date Tue, 06 Nov 2001 10:06:06 GMT
I am having problems connecting to mySQL on a Win2000 machine, using dbPool, under Cocoon 1.8.2.
 The following is the error message:

java.lang.RuntimeException: Error opening pooled connection: mytest: No suitable driver

I am reasonable sure that Cocoon can find the driver itself; as ordinary SQL and ESQL xml
files, with the embedded driver information in them, work fine e.g.
  <esql:driver>org.gjt.mm.mysql.Driver</esql:driver>
  <esql:dburl>jdbc:mysql://localhost/mytest</esql:dburl>
  <esql:username>test</esql:username>
  <esql:password>test</esql:password>
does not give any problems at all!

What I have already done is setup the cocoon.properties file as follow:

processor.xsp.pool.database.mytest.driver=org.gjt.mm.mysql.Driver
processor.xsp.pool.database.mytest.url=jdbc:mysql:localhost/est
processor.xsp.pool.database.mytest.username=est
processor.xsp.pool.database.mytest.password=est
processor.xsp.pool.database.mytest.maxConnections=30
processor.xsp.pool.database.mytest.expiryTime=3600000

I have also added:

processor.xsp.pool.database.adaptor.DBMM=org.gjt.mm.mysql.Driver

and changed the list of drivers:

processor.xsp.pool.database.adaptor=DBMM,DBWeblogic,DBOracle,DBInstantDB,DBPostgres,DBSybase,DBInformix

What else do I need to change??

Thanks
Derek