cocoon-users mailing list archives

From "Ted Mead" <tm...@triad.rr.com>
Subject JDOM import and Cocoon 1.8
Date Wed, 07 Nov 2001 17:08:46 GMT

I'm trying to use JDOM and have placed the jdom.jar in my main Tomcat
(3.2.1) lib directory.

To check that the import is going to work correctly, I wrote a simple xml
file that looks like this:

<?xml version="1.0"?>
<?cocoon-process type="xsp"?>
<xsp:page language="java" xmlns:xsp="http://www.apache.org/1999/XSP/Core">
<xsp:structure>
<xsp:include>org.jdom.*</xsp:include>
</xsp:structure>
<page title="Samet Press Releases">
<xsp:logic>
</xsp:logic>
</page>
</xsp:page>

If I remove the <xsp:structure> tags and the line between (which does the
import of the jdom.jar files), then it works fine and I get "Hello".  With
the import, I'm getting the following errors (among others):

24: class _usr._local._apache._sites._amead_spinweb_net._htdocs._Jdomtest
must be declared abstract. It does not define void
populateDocument(javax.servlet.http.HttpServletRequest,
javax.servlet.http.HttpServletResponse, org.w3c.dom.Document) from class
org.apache.cocoon.processor.xsp.XSPPage.
    public class _Jdomtest extends XSPPage {
                 ^
28: Ambiguous class: org.w3c.dom.Document and org.jdom.Document
      public void populateDocument(

I've been all over the discussion groups and can't find anything specific.
I even saw one posting of this exact error, but no resolution.  I know that
JDOM can be used with Cocoon, but am stuck.  I'd appreciate any input.
- Amy Mead