cocoon-users mailing list archives

From Karl Oie <k...@gan.no>
Subject RE: Object Oriented Database Access
Date Wed, 14 Nov 2001 15:48:26 GMT
i use the xhive(http://www.x-hive.com/) xml-oodbms for my work. the problem
here is that xhive is not a sql database, and so it doesn't have any sql
driver etc that works in cocoons framework as far as i know.

this also forced me to create xhive specific generators since i cant make
cocoon recognize xhive as a datasource. this also excludes all use of esql
and so on.

mvh karl oie

-----Original Message-----
From: Alex Vishnev [mailto:avishnev@optonline.net]
Sent: 14. november 2001 16:40
To: cocoon-users@xml.apache.org
Subject: Object Oriented Database Access

Hello All,
I have been monitoring this list for some time. I have only seen relational
database issues being discussed. I was wondering if anyone has considered
object-oriented databases for storing their data. There are a number of
commercial object oriented databases on the market (Versant, ObjectStore,
Poet and others) as well as public domain Ozone (http://www.ozone-db.org).
Does anyone on the list knows if there is framework in existence to
generically access OODBMS? Is there an XSP name space (in concept similar to
esql) available for this access?
Alex Vishnev