cocoon-users mailing list archives

From Jeremy Crosbie <jer...@go2.com>
Subject .NET vs. Cocoon
Date Fri, 16 Nov 2001 18:48:57 GMT
I work for a company who's presence is mostly associated with the wireless
web although we do have a web presence. We support all sorts of devices
(PDAs, phones, PocketPC, etc.) with each essentially having its own separate
codebase which has become a maintenance nightmare. With WAP2.0 coming soon
to a phone near you we want to avoid having to support so many codebases.

We realized this as a problem some months ago and began evaluating different
technologies. I had been following Cocoon for some time and now with Cocoon
in the release candidate stage it looks to be a solid solution. However
another alternative has presented itself in the form of .NET which has
gained some momentum. As far as my knowledge goes with .NET I still find
Cocoon to be a superior solution to the problem than .NET. Has anyone done
any comparisons between the two platforms that they are willing to share?
Any information is greatly appreciated.

Jeremy Michael Crosbie
Senior Software Engineer
go2.com