cocoon-users mailing list archives

From "Alex Kachanov" <a...@intadev.com>
Subject RE: RE: I don't want UTF, I want native encoding
Date Mon, 19 Nov 2001 11:25:27 GMT
Ok

I use latest Cocoon2.0rc2 downloaded from xml.apache.org
System used: Tomcat 4.0/ Win2K Professional English

in sitemap.xmap
change:
<map:serializer name="html"   mime-type="text/html"
src="org.apache.cocoon.serialization.HTMLSerializer" />

----------------------------

<map:serializer name="html"   mime-type="text/html"
src="org.apache.cocoon.serialization.HTMLSerializer">
   <doctype-public>-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.01
Transitional//EN</doctype-public>
   <encoding>Shift_JIS</encoding>
   <omit-xml-declaration>yes</omit-xml-declaration>
</map:serializer>

This switches Shift_JIS encoding for "html" serializer.
Change it to windows-1251 if you wish to support cyrillic

Then in your mappings in Pipelines sections type the following

   <map:match pattern="">
    <map:generate src="index.xml"/>
    <map:transform src="stylesheets/simple-samples2html.xsl"/>
    <map:serialize type="html"/>
  </map:match>

By default in those pipelines the serizlizer is empty like:
    <map:serialize/>

when you change it to
    <map:serialize type="html"/>
you switch it to the "html" serializer specified above

After that create a simple index.xml file which has:
	<?xml version="1.0" encoding="Shift_JIS"?>
as the first line

Change it to windows-1251 if you wish to support cyrillic.

stop tomcat-Cocoon
clear the cache
start tomcat-cocoon

call the page