cocoon-users mailing list archives

From Paul Crowley <p...@cluefactory.org.uk>
Subject Hacking Xalan to preserve entities?
Date Sun, 25 Nov 2001 10:31:58 GMT
I have learned that XSLT officially acts on an entity-free parse tree,
but for me this is a very inconvenient and annoying misfeature.  The
SAX API includes a way of passing unrecognised entities along the
pipeline: the skippedEntities call.  Is there a way of persuading
Cocoon2, and Xalan, to treat this event just like a text node event,
and thus preserving unrecognised entities in the output stream?

I nearly have my Cocoon-based website creation working, but I've just
hit the problem that it chokes on pages containing HTML entities and
from what I can see any way of fixing the problem is a huge job, which
seems very unfair...

Many thanks,
--
  __  Paul Crowley