cocoon-users mailing list archives

From David Rosenstrauch <dar...@dti.net>
Subject Re: Accepting Data From The Web and storing it.
Date Tue, 20 Nov 2001 19:43:15 GMT
I imagine you'd have to write some custom code - most likely an Action object I would guess
- that gets executed when they submit the form.  The Action would have to manually re-write
that file with the new color info.

One thing that might be helpful is to have a separate XML file with just the color info in
it, and just overwrite that.  e.g.:

<colors>
         <color value="6699cc"/>
</colors>

Then your style sheet can reference the contents of this file using the XSL document() function.
 e.g.:

<xsl:variable name="color" select="document('color.xml')/colors/color"/>

I use this in my site, although for a different reason.  I wanted to have all the colors listed
in a separate XML file so that I could easily change any or all of them.

HTH.

DR