cocoon-users mailing list archives

From David Rosenstrauch <dar...@dti.net>
Subject Re: AW: Cocoon: Few steps in sitemap?
Date Thu, 15 Nov 2001 12:17:28 GMT
Not sure I understand the problem.  Why can't you do this?

1) write an xsp that outputs in xml the info you need to build the tex doc
2) write an xsl that outputs tex
3) write a new serializer that generates pdf by calling pdflatex
4) put the above 3 items in a pipeline and run them

But why use tex?  Why not do this?

1) write an xsp that outputs in xml the info you need to build the doc
2) write an xsl that outputs xsl:fo
3) call the existing serializer that generates pdf from xsl:fo
4) put the above 3 items in a pipeline and run them

DR