cocoon-users mailing list archives

From David Rosenstrauch <dar...@dti.net>
Subject Re: SV: SAX tree?
Date Tue, 13 Nov 2001 13:51:45 GMT
At 01:31 PM 11/13/01 -0800, you wrote:
>Oh - Thanks for clearing this out for me :)
>
>Now my Java method returns a "javax.xml.transform.sax.SAXSource", and I put
>this in my logicsheet like this:
>
>------------------
><xsl:template match="pim:controller">
>         <xsp:logic>
>                 SAXSource msg = Controller.execute();
>         </xsp:logic>
>         <xsp:expr>msg</xsp:expr>
></xsl:template>
>
>But this prints out "javax.xml.transform.sax.SAXSource@7b56e", which looks
>like a reference the object. Do you have any idea what I'm doing wrong here?
>
>Best regards
>Søren

Yes.  You are passing in an object that reads from a stream and generates events (SAXSource)
when XSP is expecting a an object whose toString() method returns a string of XML.

Either change controller.execute() so that it returns an object with a valid toString() method,
or figure out some other way to generate and XML string from your SAXSource.

DR