cocoon-users mailing list archives

From David Rosenstrauch <dar...@dti.net>
Subject Re: Adding XSP Login in a XSL Stylesheet?
Date Tue, 06 Nov 2001 14:18:45 GMT
I usually do the "apply logic sheet and transform into XSP" outside of Cocoon (i.e., in my
Ant build):

         <target name="xslt">
                         style="stylesheets/umantis-xsp.xsl"
                         in="docs/samples/umantis/${pagename}.xml"
                         out="docs/samples/umantis/${pagename}.xsp"

         </target>

Then, in Cocoon, I do:

>    <map:match pattern="umantis/*.html">
>    <map:generate type="serverpages" src="docs/samples/umantis/{1}.xsp"/>
>    <map:transform src="stylesheets/formatting_stylesheet.xsl"/>
>    <map:serialize/>
>    </map:match>

Doing it this way is more efficient:  why make Cocoon build at run time something that you
can build yourself at compile time?

If you need to, though, there probably is a way to do the xsp/logic transform, followed by
the formatting transform, at runtime in one pipeline.  Can't think of how to do it off the
top of my head, though, as it would require 2 generate steps.

HTH.  Email if not.

DR