cocoon-users mailing list archives

From "Bernhard Huber" <bh22...@i-one.at>
Subject Installing Cocoon2 under WLS6.1
Date Fri, 16 Nov 2001 22:42:12 GMT
Installing Cocoon2 under WLS6.1

I have struggled a bit before I managed to run Cocoon2 under WLS6.1

The following section describes the steps to install Cocoon2 under WLS6.1.
I have installed Cocoon2 under WIN2000:

As WLS6.1 sp1 uses it own XMLParser, and XSLTransformer you have to
force Cocoon to use
the apache xerces, and apache xalan jars.

Edit the following files:

1) Edit your server startup script: (startWebLogic.cmd in your domain
directory)
Add MYCLASSPATH specifying xerxes, and xalan jar of the Cocoon2
distribution.
Append both at the start of the CLASSPATH. This change is neccessary.
--- snipped ---
set
MYCLASSPATH=%MYCLASSPATH%;D:\bea\wlserver6.1\config\cocoon\applications\cocoon\WEB-INF\lib\xerces_1_4_3.jar
set
MYCLASSPATH=%MYCLASSPATH%;D:\bea\wlserver6.1\config\cocoon\applications\cocoon\WEB-INF\lib\xalan-2.1.0.jar

set CLASSPATH=%MYCLASSPATH%;.;.\lib\weblogic_sp.jar;.\lib\weblogic.jar
...java -classpath %CLASSPATH%....
--- snipped ---

2) Next edit the cocoon.xconf file, be sure to specify the
transformer-factory set to
org.apache.xalan.processor.TransformerFactoryImpl.
     This is very important: Using the WLS6.1 XSLTransformer I couldn't
managed to generate any valid java sitemap file. This change is neccessary.
---snippet---
<!-- XSLT processor:
     -->
     <xslt-processor
class="org.apache.cocoon.components.xslt.XSLTProcessorImpl"
logger="root.xslt">
        <parameter name="use-store" value="true"/>
        <parameter name="transformer-factory"
value="org.apache.xalan.processor.TransformerFactoryImpl"/>
     </xslt-processor>
---snippet---

3) You may activate the xerces parser explicitly in cocoon.xconf, too.
Although it is not absolutly necessary.
--snippet--

-Dorg.apache.cocoon.components.parser.Parser=org.apache.cocoon.components.parser.XercesParser
     -->
     <parser class="org.apache.cocoon.components.parser.XercesParser"/>
--snippet--

4) Last you may have to edit lib/weblogic.policy, deactivating any
security-policy setting, allowing to load compiled xsp, and
sitemaps. At my last test this change was not necessary!
--snippet--
grant {
     // make cocoon work ??
     // permission java.security.AllPermission;

     // Permission "enableSubstitution" needed to run the WebLogic console
     permission java.io.SerializablePermission "enableSubstitution";
--snippet--

I hope it helps!

I have not checked the JSPEngine under Cocoon2 + WLS6.1, but it may need
some reconfiguration, too.

bye bernhard