cocoon-users mailing list archives

From Parc Place <parcpl...@sympatico.ca>
Subject Re: Deploying Cocoon2 in JBoss under Linux
Date Sun, 11 Nov 2001 20:18:30 GMT
Hi, sorry about the delay, just catching up on my email this afternoon.

I managed to get this somewhat functional a few weeks ago - as you
mention, there are a number of exceptions during startup about the
unsupported codepage - I agree that it's not a critical problem, and can
confirm that it isn't preventing cocoon from running.

>>I've read and followed all instructions when trying to deploy
>>Cocoon-2.0rc1a into JBoss-2.4.3_Tomcat-3.2.3 (the bundled edition) under my
>>Debian linux (sid). I've removed the JAXP and Crimson parsers, had put
>>xerces instead of it, modified the run.sh script according to the guide, and
>>even replaced jaxp/crimson with xerces+xalan in my ant installation.

Ok, here is a difference in our setup - I used the version bundled with
tomcat 4
One thing that I needed help with was getting JBoss to use Xerces - I
read on this mailing list (a very informative email from karl øie, email
title was "FAQ: cocoon2 parser errors +tomcat/jboss/whatever", you can
try searching for it) that you have to tell it which SAX parser and DOM
builder to use - my run.sh for jboss has been modified so that it
contains this:
JBOSS_CLASSPATH=$JBOSS_CLASSPATH:../lib/xerces_1_4_3.jar
JAXP=-Djavax.xml.parsers.DocumentBuilderFactory=org.apache.xerces.jaxp.DocumentBuilderFactoryImpl
JAXP="$JAXP
-Djavax.xml.parsers.SAXParserFactory=org.apache.xerces.jaxp.SAXParserFactoryImpl"

Although it was a nice challange getting all this working together, I've
decided to switch back to plain Tomcat for Cocoon, and experiment with
EJB seperately. For now, at least.

Good luck,
Adam