cocoon-users mailing list archives

From Sebastien Koechlin <skoech...@ivision.fr>
Subject Re: stylesheet by http?
Date Wed, 07 Nov 2001 14:11:38 GMT
Oliver Schoenwald wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I'm using Cocoon 1.8.2 and set up a simple website using xml and an
> xsl-stylesheet.
> So far I only used file-references to that stylesheet within the
> stylesheet-processing
> instruction. Now I tried out if I could refer to the stylesheet to use
> by giving
> a valid URL to the href-attribute in the processing instruction. But
> Cocoon seems to
> be unable to resolve and load the stylesheet by URL.
>
> This is the outpu I get when I use a processing instruction in the
> xml-file to load
> a specific stylesheet:
>
> ---snip!---
> org.apache.cocoon.processor.ProcessorException: Could not associate
> stylesheet to document:  error reading
> http://poplar.fernuni-hagen.de/index.xsl: org.xml.sax.SAXParseException:
> File "http://poplar.fernuni-hagen.de/index.xsl" not found.

I'm doing this for a very long type with Cocoon 1 without any trouble.

Can you ask "http://poplar.fernuni-hagen.de/index.xsl" with a tool like
wget ? From here, I have a 401 Authorization Required Error.
Check the result to see if it's a valid XML document.

--
S├ębastien Koechlin - IVision - skoechlin@ivision.fr