cocoon-users mailing list archives

From Tod Thomas <tod.tho...@verizon.net>
Subject Re: Publishing Engine could not be initialized.
Date Mon, 05 Nov 2001 13:45:19 GMT
Frank Hess wrote:

> Hi Leo,
>
> you have to put cocoon.jar in the classpath-variable of the VM. That's because the util-class
of cocoon uses the ClassLoader.getSystemResource() method
> and can't find these classes when they are stored as jar in a lib-directory.
>
> I've spend one day to solve this problem.
>
> I've done it in catalina.sh on line 70.

Frank,

What I eventually did was to add *every* .jar file to the classpath and
got everything working.  This is a kludge and it shouldn't really be
that way.  I will investigate a little further and respond back.

> But now i have the problem, that the xsp-Pages throw a class cast exception. Can you
please tell me, if >you
> have the same problem when cocoon is
> running?

Yes, I'm taking a look into that too.  I ran into this last month
(http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=xml-cocoon-users&m=100083328715774&w=2).
The problem is I spend enough time to run into a problem and then can't
dedicate more time to its resolution.  By the time I get a chance to
retry everything I've lost track of where I was.  This time around I'm
going to see if I can't find a satisfactory, reproducible solution.
I'll pass that along too.

Tod