cocoon-users mailing list archives

From Adam A R <aa...@sybase.co.jp>
Subject Re: Internationalization
Date Wed, 28 Nov 2001 10:19:08 GMT
Hi Siddharth,

I have a similar problem. And currently I do the following.

I get the preferred language for this user. Put it into the session
variable 'i18n:lang'. And lo!! depending on the language choosen by
the user the user will see Nihongo/Espanol/Francais/....

But of course, I have to support it. I do this by using the i18n tags
and enclosing the text presented to the user inside the

<i18n:translate>
    <i18n:text>Your text goes here....</i18n:text>
</i18n:translate>

And the dictionary referred must have the strings for the
corresponding languages.

Aint that easy-peasy!!??  :-)

Hope this helps.

cheers