cocoon-users mailing list archives

From Jozsa Kristof <dy...@kami.vein.hu>
Subject Re: Transformers vs. Generators
Date Fri, 16 Nov 2001 10:07:36 GMT
On Thu, Nov 15, 2001 at 03:31:09PM -0500, Peter Royal wrote:
> On Thursday 15 November 2001 03:13 pm, you wrote:
> > Peter, exactly where had you put your own Transformers? I've tried to put
> > it in my own package (not in org.apache.cocoon.transformation), jar-ed it
> > correctly, dropped the jar into Cocoon's main WEB-INF/lib/, configured it
> > in the sitemap, and got a ClassNotFoundException. Do I have to use the
> > cocoon.transformation package for my Transformators, or where should I put
> > it to let Cocoon to use it?
>
> Thats pretty much what I did over here. One debugging check is to look at the
> start of the cocoon.log and in there it enumerates its classpath that it
> built from the lib directory. Make sure your jar is listed in there as a
> starting point in debugging.
>
> If the jar is there and you still have the error, email me the stack trace.
> -pete

Okay, figured it out. I wrote MyTransformer.class in the sitemap, where
providing the .class extension is actually an error. Yesterday I went home
after I couldn't even spell 'Exception' correctly in some other java source
of mine; today I've found the error in my Cocoon sitemap setup in minutes :)

I had to clear the Catalina cache (rm -rf work/*) in my JBoss+Tomcat's setup
though to get it work, but solved it at last as I said..

Thanks,
Christopher

--
.Digital.Yearning.for.Networked.Assassination.and.Xenocide