cocoon-users mailing list archives

From "Robert" <rmcint...@bull-enterprises.com>
Subject RE: .NET vs. Cocoon
Date Fri, 16 Nov 2001 19:18:38 GMT

Architect
Browsersoft
Robert@browsersoft.com

-----Original Message-----
From: Jeremy Crosbie [mailto:jeremy@go2.com]
Sent: Friday, November 16, 2001 12:49 PM
To: 'cocoon-users@xml.apache.org'
Subject: .NET vs. Cocoon

I work for a company who's presence is mostly associated with the
wireless web although we do have a web presence. We support all sorts of
devices (PDAs, phones, PocketPC, etc.) with each essentially having its
own separate codebase which has become a maintenance nightmare. With
WAP2.0 coming soon to a phone near you we want to avoid having to
support so many codebases.

We realized this as a problem some months ago and began evaluating
different technologies. I had been following Cocoon for some time and
now with Cocoon in the release candidate stage it looks to be a solid
solution. However another alternative has presented itself in the form
of .NET which has gained some momentum. As far as my knowledge goes with
.NET I still find Cocoon to be a superior solution to the problem than
.NET. Has anyone done any comparisons between the two platforms that
they are willing to share? Any information is greatly appreciated.

Jeremy Michael Crosbie
Senior Software Engineer
go2.com
go2Address: US.CA.IRV.GO2