cocoon-users mailing list archives

From sxk...@Cs.Nott.AC.UK
Subject Accepting Data From The Web and storing it.
Date Tue, 20 Nov 2001 17:31:48 GMT
Hi after finally gripping the fundamentals and basics of the publishing
framework of cocoon 2, I would now like to take this a step further and
implement a system but I have a question.

Using XML, XSP, XSL, XSL:FO, SVG I can publish pages but how would I go
about using cocoon2 to save data back to the same XML, XSP files the
pages were the data was first taken from. So for example an XSP file
creates an XML file that is piped to an XSL file and then transformed to
make a picture of a clock. On this page would also be a form to edit the
clocks colour by supplying an SVG colour. The problem I am having is how
to write the colour back to the original XSP file so that the colour
changes permanently.

Thanks for your time

Sharat Koya