cocoon-users mailing list archives

From Soren Neigaard <s.neiga...@mobilethink.dk>
Subject SV: SV: SV: SV: SAX tree?
Date Wed, 14 Nov 2001 23:33:10 GMT
-----Oprindelig meddelelse-----
Fra: David Rosenstrauch [mailto:darose@dti.net]
Sendt: 14. november 2001 06:05
Til: cocoon-users@xml.apache.org
Emne: Re: SV: SV: SV: SAX tree?

> At 08:35 AM 11/14/01 -0800, you wrote:
> If I return a stream/string of ACSII XML data to C2, it works just fine on
> the first URL I call (no matter how many times i call it), but if I call
> another URL which doest EXCATLY the same as the first (same logicsheet,
same
> namespace) it dosn't work. BUT.... If I had called the last URL first, it
> would have bene the one to work, and number one URL would fail!??? What is
> this?? Thats just impossible to work with :(

> Have your ruled all these out?

> * Does the XSP code at the 2nd URL have some type of error in it?

No I have tried with the same XSP in two different files, and besides that,
if I call the 2nd URL first then this URL works.

> * Is the XML that the 2nd URL is generating is not valid for some reason?
Is the
> <util:include-expr> (which invokes the parser) somehow throwing an
exception that's not
> obvious?  Can you use system.out.printlns in your XSP to make sure?

It's the excact same XML, and theres no exceptions. I have used printlns in
my XSP to be sure, and I have 10x checked it :)

> * Are there any exceptions getting written to the log files?  Shut down
your server,
> delete all your cocoon log files, then restart the server and test these
URL's again.  If
> there's any exceptions thrown, they'll be in the log.

Tried that too, no errors.

> * Is your Controller object somehow getting put into an invalid state and
not functioning
> properly when you call the 2nd URL?  Can you check it and use
system.out.printlns in your
> XSP to make sure?

The result from my controller is always correct (have checked with printlns
from XSP).

> * Are the URLs that you're using the 2nd time correct?  (i.e., not
accidental
> misspelling; not pointing to the right file name but the wrong
> directory)

Hehe - well as said, both URLs work just fine, if thay are the first URL to
be called, so no misspelling.

> The reason I suggest these things is that it seems odd to me that the code
works fine,
> but then stops working for no reason.  My guess would be that there is a
reason that it
> stops working and that once you find it and fix it you will be able to use
this process.

Fair enough, I find it quite odd too. Don't know if it's a bug, but if it
isn't, C2 surly acts strange by my standards :)

/Soren